Sunday, April 6, 2014

His glory

I have a friend who recently was asking about our adoption.  She was just checking in on the progress and how things (and we) were doing.  While talking to her she kept saying "y'all are so wonderful, it's so great that y'all are helping a child."  I just smiled and said thanks because I didn't know what else to say.  Don't get me wrong, adoption is wonderful, great, amazing, and much more, but that doesn't make US those things.  This is not a journey we alone chose.  This is our journey that HE chose for us, we are simply following his guidance and trusting in him plan, not ours.  We know that we were created and brought together to one day be where we are today.  This was not in our original plans when we married 7 years ago.  I would have never imagined that I would one day be an "adoptive mother". This was never on my radar.  It took me years to listen to that voice in my heart telling me "I chose you to adopt" and I've never been more honored and humbled that he chose US to be on this journey.  It's long and it's tough but I know it is so worth it.  We absolutely cannot wait to meet our special baby that God has chosen for us!  We are not doing this for our glory but for His.  

No comments:

Post a Comment